Things that went well
- Never stopped never stopping (except when i had to stop).
- Managed nausea better than ever
- Strong pace at finish
- Did my “job” at aid stations without taking too long.
- Managed heat fairly well.
- Kept a smile on my face for much of it.
- foods: stroopwaffels, watermelon, low caffeine gels, non-caffeinated shot blocks, salted potatoes, 50% coke/water (swedish fish and gu brew would have worked too),
Things that went not-so-well
- Nausea early
- Too much caffeine early
- Mornings always get me
- Tried to “race” too soon. Or, tried to “race” at all.
- Should have drank more water even when stomach was unhappy as it never made things worse.
- Never actually had to stop…
- Kinda lost track of my eating/didn’t care at the end. Pack was full of excess gu/gel and other wreckage adding up to a couple of lbs.
- Left nutrition to the aid stations. Never again unless I know they have what I like.
- Foods that didn’t work: honey stinger anything, lemon anything, wild berries, anything tart, caffeinated shot blocks, Ultima electrolyte drink or anything else with stevia (WTF???; calories are needed, why serve a calorie free drink at an ultra event?).